The Nesting Magpie

Tuesday 5 November 2013

{Living Eclectically}

"  adjective
  1. 1. deriving ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources. "

    The Carolyn Donnelly e c l e c t i c range for DunnesHome is definitely that; eclectic. My favourite word. One can only imagine my excitement when I moved into my first Dublin apartment autumn of last year and discovered this new and shiny range in the Dunnes Stores dangerously close to my new digs. Fast forward a year; my apartment is very, very well accessorized and the guy who works in my local Dunnes thinks I'm a creep. Excellent
    This wasn't Donnelly's fist foray into design- she is the Donnelly of longstanding Irish fashion label Quin and Donnelly. Along with the, little more sophisticated and masculine, Paul Costello Living range, Dunnes Stores have not only introduced the Irish market to an affordable way to add warmth and style to a home, but introduced the Irish market to a new way to support our own talent. And in a country so small that everyone is a-friend-of-a-neighbour-of-a-cousin, supporting Irish is a lovely thing to do.
    The range really is what it says on the tin. It's my favourite kind of style; well-matched mis-matched. It's a beautiful mix of French, Asian, mid-century, delicate, country, tribal, (yes, I know I'm listing a lot of adjectives) industrial, folksy-inspired pieces ranging from tableware and bedding to stationary and storage.
    Like I said, I really do have a LOT of the pieces from the collection, and I can vouch for their good quality and good price points (and because it's half the price, you can buy double the amount. Sound reasoning.). I've been sleeping on a wonderful set of floral (of course), crochet-trimmed bedding for a year and it really does make such a difference to my mood when I wake up to such soft whimsy. I mean, if there's anyway to start the day it has to be in a state of soft whimsy, right?







No comments:

Post a Comment